Covid-19 prevention Rules UPDATED:
we are currently in Tier 2, what that means for us;
- We must be closed and have everyone vacated from our bar & restaurant by 10pm
- Masks must be worn at all time when moving around the building you can remove masks when are seated at a table
- You must not mix with anyone from outside your household & bubble in any indoor setting
- If meeting people from outside your household or bubble this is only acceptable as a maximum numbers of 6 people or less and must be in an outdoor setting and social distancing must be maintained where possible
- You must supply us with your details or scan our NHS track and trace QR code using the app
Covid-19 prevention Rules UPDATED: 14th Sept 2020
From Monday 14/09/20 – The ‘Rule Of 6’ Will Become Enforceable In Law, Meaning:
- A Maximum Number Of Six People In A Group (This Replaces The Previous Two Household Rule)
- This Will Apply Indoors & Outdoors
- Pubs & Restaurants Can Still Host Larger Numbers In Total But Groups Of Up To Six Must Not Mix Or Form Larger Groups
- Two Whole Households Can’t Meet If They Exceed Six People
- Single Households (Support Bubble) Larger Than Six Can Still Meet
- Weddings & Funerals For No More Than 30 People Can Still Be Carried Out In A COVID-Secure Way.
Track & Trace
From Friday 18th September, Having A GDPR Compliant Track & Trace System In Place Will Become Mandatory In England As It Already Is In Both Scotland And Wales.
Should This Information Be Required By The NHS Test And Trace Team It Will Help Protect Communities And Local Businesses From Any Potential Impact Of COVID-19.
It Is Therefore Vitally Important That Our Staff Make Sure Customers Input Details In Correctly On Every Visit.
Staff Who Are Showing The Customer To Their Table Will Ask One Member Of The Group To Use A Camera Phone To Scan The QR Code On The Posters To Load Up The Track And Trace Data Entry Form (Connection To The Wi-Fi Might Be Required) The Staff Member Is Therefore Then Required To Make Sure That The Customer Has Entered Their Details If The Customer Does Not Have A Camera Phone They Must Give Staff Their Details To Fill Out On Our Paper Data Record, This Is Stored For 28 Days In A Safe & Secure Place And Again Only Used For Track And Trace Circumstances If Needed.
Data will need to be entered each and every time you visit even if the last visit was only yesterday or even a few hours ago
It Is Important To Remember That These Restrictions Are Being Made Enforceable By Law.
***MONDAYS, TUESDAYS & WEDNESDAY THROUGHOUT SEPTEMBER***
We will be offering 25% off starters, main meals and side orders and 50% off Desserts BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT OF US NOT BEING ABLE TO SAFELY FIT YOU IN!
BOOKING IS ADVISABLE TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT call 0191 3843339/ message us on Facebook or make a booking through here, our website…. http://theavenuedurham.com/bookings/
Scheme Now Finished, thanks for everyone’s support who visited during this time! Eat out to help out scheme, Starting 3rd August!
- Get a 50% discount on food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in (up to a maximum of £10 discount per diner)
- Every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 3rd and 31 August
- Use as many times as you like
- You do not need a voucher to use this scheme and you can use it at the same time as other offers and discounts.
- There is no minimum spend.
- You cannot claim discount on alcoholic drinks, The discount will be automatically available to you, no need for vouchers
- To coincide with this we will opening on Monday and Tuesday lunch times now 12-2pm & and our usual 5pm-8pm throughout August only
WELCOME BACK….From 4th July 2020 we have been allowed to reopen our doors once again to welcome you all back in to our pub, Things however my be slightly different to allow us to keep you and our staff safe.
In preparation for us opening on Saturday 4th July we’ve put some measure in place to keep you and our staff safe…
⭐️One way system now in operation clearly marked via poster at front door detailing this and arrows on the floor throughout the building
⭐️All staff have been trained on dealing with and preventing the virus being spread.
⭐️staff will be wearing visors and or masks
⭐️Sanitiser stations have been implemented and will be in use for staff and customers around the building
⭐️Table service only
⭐️Reduced menu to help social distancing and relieve pressure off staff & disposable one time use menu system
⭐️ Limited number of tables available due to them being complying with social distancing measures
⭐️Booking is advised, message us on here, email your booking request, book a table via our website app or simply give us a on Saturday 4th to reserve tables from Sunday 5th onward
⭐️We have completed a risk assessment for our hotel rooms, restaurant and bar to ensure we comply by legal obligations set out by the government
⭐️We are recognised by visit England as being compliant and having the right prevention measures in place
⭐️ Ways in which you can help us out too when visiting us is please adhere to these measures and understand that they legal requirements put in place to maintain the safety of both our staff and everyone visiting us! ?and remember to maintain a social distancing guidelines and regularly wash your hands.
DO NOT VISIT IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL AND SHOWING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS OR HAVE COME IN TO CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS COVID-19
Our Rooms & Covid-19 prevention…These will also be reopening for sale from 4th July, all the above measures still stand to guests staying with us. we have also implemented new measures in our rooms and the way in which we check our guests in. We now have a contactless check in system, guests do not nee to see a member of staff for any part of the check in process if they do not wish to, further details of this will be supplied to guests at time of check in. all keys and touch points will be regularly sanitised in public areas including your room door handles and guest room keys.